Playing by the rules - training times and important information for 6th September
Ahead of Sunday 6th September's season opener, I'm sharing the guidelines we must all follow to adhere to RFU return-to-play regulations.
Beginning with the obvious, though most important points:
• If any member of your family is unwell in any way, please protect others and DON’T come to the club
• If you’re entering the clubhouse, please abide by the clubhouse rules
• Please respect the 1 metre minimum social distancing regulations
• Be sure to utilise hand-sanitising facilities frequently
• Respect all distancing signage and other notices relating to Covid-19 protocols
As you will have seen, in my previous message, we are having to stagger start times to avoid overcrowding. Please ensure you arrive at your allocated time and not before, and that you leave promptly after your session has finished – this is especially important for younger age groups, so we can prevent an overlap with the older players, but also applies to those older age groups. We will be reviewing these times as the season progresses. This is all dependent on the RFU and of course Covid.
Under-6, Under-7, Under-8, Under-9:
Arrival: 9.15am for a prompt 9.30 start.
Session duration: 1 hour maximum.
Under-10, Under-11, Under-12, Under-13, Under-14 and Under-16
Arrival: 11.15am for a prompt 11.30 start.
Session duration: 1 hour 30 minutes maximum
• Players must arrive at the Triangle Field wearing full training kit. On arrival, please go to your allocated pitch, which will be unchanged for at least the first four weeks. Your coaches/team managers will advise you ahead of the first session where you will be playing but if uncertain, you should look for your age group flag
• Sanitising stations will be placed around the pitches and all players must sanitise their hands every 15 minutes, including at the start and finish of sessions. Coaches will supervise this measure. Please ensure the players are aware that they must follow instructions on this issue
• Every player’s name must be entered in a register every week. Please make sure the coaches have your child’s name entered before the start of every session
• The Sin Bin will be open for food and hot and cold drinks but there are strict rules governing its operation and everyone, young and old, must adhere to them. Full details will be posted near the Sin Bin but obviously these will include social distancing whilst queueing and cleanliness protocols. As you will all know, we are committed to reducing single-use materials and plastics, but because of the risk of contamination during the pandemic we will not be able to accept reusable cups. We would appreciate it if all payments could be made using debit cards or mobile phones.
• The clubhouse will be open but, again, current protocols will have to be followed. We would ask you to be mindful of avoiding crowding in the bar and lounge area.
• The outside disabled toilet will be available but all children must be accompanied by an adult and cleaning guidance before and after use must be followed. The males and females toilets inside the clubhouse will be operated on a strict one-in, one-out basis and, of course, the same cleanliness guidance must be followed.
• Our boot swap facility will not be in operation, at least initially. Anyone needing kit should contact juniors secretary Lou Evans, who will be at the club. Anyone wishing to pay should speak to Lou, Tracy Cox or a member of the juniors committee. We will review this as the season progresses.
As we’re sure you appreciate, we’re having to impose these restrictions to ensure the safety of you and your children and everyone visiting the club.
The last thing we want is to find ourselves in a situation where we can’t move forward quickly to a swift resumption of full playing conditions, and we have been made aware by rugby and public health authorities that breaches of protocol could easily lead to us being shut down again.
We really appreciate your support and understanding in helping the club to find its feet again. If you have any comments or feedback, please me at firstname.lastname@example.org or any committee member.
On behalf of the Juniors Committee